Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Super tape splicers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone know where I might buy an automatic quick-splicer splicer? I've tried Christy's Editorial, Action Photo, Pro8mm, E-bay, Yale. Any suggestions?

    I just learned that Hervic stopped making their tape splices and am dead in the water.
    (Kodak's press-tapes are a lousy substitute)

    Thanks!
    Kirk Brady

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm in the same boat...was satisfied with Hervic until they decided to stop making splices.

    Strangely enough the Hama splicer is being offered by Pro 8mm, Yale and others the way the Hervic was before. And that I don't get as I still haven't figured out how the stupid thing works.

    Yes, Kodak splices are the worst. I can't believe anyone designed such a lousy product.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 12, 2003 11:42 PM: Message edited by: chas_ucla ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jon P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blue Audio Visual in Islington used to have a supply of those really good Agfa splicers I bought one and they are great.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Chas_ULCA,

    I e-mailed Hudson Photographic (who makes quick splice tapes) and their guy says they "don't make splicers anymore." Supposedly the Hama splicer can handle them (plus Hama has it own tapes), but as you say, the Hama has a weird design. If all you need to do is splice reels for DV transfer, the visibility of the splice is usually not a problem, but if you want a projector-friendly splice, well, maybe that's disappearing option for anyone who doesn't already have access to a decent cement splicer, which are slow to use waiting for the cement to set. Oh well, back to e-bay....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •